Friday, April 5, 2013

Shiloh

I've spent hours working on Shiloh and am nowhere near finished. There is so much interesting material to work with in a book like this. I created a small worksheet writing original sentences using coordinating conjunctions and put an adverbial in parenthesis. The students are asked to rewrite the sentence using the adverbial.


Marty tells Dara Lynn that there he saw a snake up on the hill, for he doesn’t want her to go snooping up there and find Shiloh. (because)

This sentence becomes . . .

Marty tells Dara Lynn that he saw a snake up on the hill because he doesn't want her to go snooping up there and find Shiloh.


And then I created bookmarks for four categories of adverbials:

contrast
cause and result
time and sequence
condition

Those will go up on TpT for free.

My homophones worksheet for Shiloh is done, so once I've finished the adverbials and conjunctions, I will upload them. Possessive noun forms can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment