Monday, August 12, 2013

La Gran Aventura de Alejandro

Today I dug up my McColl Grant work from Oldfields School and began publishing it on TpT. I spent a summer putting together the Spanish 2 curriculum. I used a book by Abby Kanter called La Gran Aventura de Alejandro and a video series called La Catrina. The girls at the boarding school loved it. I wrote three original chapters to La Gran Aventura de Alejandro and about fifteen years ago had them published on a website along with contextualized grammar exercises. I was known then as Profesora Debby. I had also written exercises to a video series called La Catrina. I wrote those original chapters to bring my students further into the past tenses in Spanish and back then, as I still do, I felt that grammar was best taught in context. I'm going to be brushing up on my Spanish and publishing this work at no charge on TpT.

The first chapter I put up today takes Alejandro to El Escorial. He meets Santa Teresa de Avila in the year 1532 when his ring shines on this adventure. There are references back to his other adventures with El Cid earlier in the book. It flows perfectly from Capitulo 16. Now, if only I could figure out how to put accent marks into this blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment