Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuck Everlasting

Years ago I read Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt along with my ESL students. I can't recall which class, but I do have a file somewhere. I just finished rereading it to add to my bundle of possessive noun worksheets. So far, I've included this fairy tale-like story of a magical spring whose water has special powers and a little girl who yearns to do something important and break free from her neat and orderly life. I've also included and expanded the freebie I've had up for awhile on Because of Winn-Dixie and more recent read, Everything on a Waffle

Here is a preview of what great material Tuck Everlasting yields for the practice of this somewhat difficult grammatical concept.

The reflection of Mae never surprised her because it had not changed in eighty-seven years.

Mae's reflection


According to the recollection of her grandmother, Winnie had never heard the music of the elves for herself.

her grandmother's recollection
the elves' music 



Winnie noticed that the feet of Jesse were bare, and he had a twig stuck between his toes. 

Jesse's feet

No comments:

Post a Comment