Thursday, September 5, 2013

Superfudge

Now I don't remember reading this particular sequel to Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing when I was in school. My best-remembered Judy Blume book was Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret

My eldest read through all the Fudge stories in third grade. About six months ago I began reading Superfudge to my middle child. However, warned by my eldest that this book is a spoiler for any child who still believes in Santa, I stopped. I'm hoping for one more year of magic for David.

I just finished reading about Fudge's new adventures in this hilarious sequel that continues the story of the Hatchers and tells of the new addition to their family and their move to Princeton, NJ. Mr. Hatcher has decided to take a leave from the advertising agency and write a book, but he is more interested in hockey and Chinese cooking. Peter has to adjust to life in Princeton and make new friends. And Fudge gets a new pet and starts kindergarten. If you thought he was a funny toddler, he is an even funnier kindergartener.

I read Superfudge to include in my possessive noun bundle, but I also wrote a homophone worksheet. There were just too many good ones that popped into my head as I was reading and laughing!

No comments:

Post a Comment