Monday, April 1, 2013

Finalizing Frindle

I had decided to package together all of my work on Frindle as I did with By the Great Horn Spoon. I have a much larger packet to upload which includes the DLI-type editing I had done with The Birthday Bash chapter in Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. As I was finalizing the worksheet on conjunctions, I realized an opportunity to point out how after and for can be used differently. So now I've included practice in identifying whether after is an adverbial or a preposition and whether for is a coordinating conjunction or preposition. Of course, their use determines the punctuation of the sentence, making it all come together beautifully.

Which is it?

Mrs. Granger returned the signed envelope to Nick after the battle had ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment